Frequently Asked Questions
- What do the different levels (A1-A2-B1) mean?
If you complete a beginners course (A1) at DutchStrijp-S, you:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce yourself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where you live, people you know and things you have.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
If you complete an elementary course (A2) at DutchStrijp-S, you:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of your background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
If you complete an intermediate course (B1) at DutchStrijp-S, you:
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes & ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- What method do you use?
We use Start.nl, a method especially designed for expats who want to learn Dutch to communicate in daily life. Click here if you want to learn more about Start.nl.
- How many hours of class per week?
Our classes are once a week, two hours.
- How do I enroll?
Please fill out this form or contact our coordinator Debbie at 06-40217732.
- How many students are there in class?
We have an average of 8 to 10 students in class.
- How do I pay?
If you enroll, we will invite you to a special introduction class. The teacher will tell you all about our school and method and you are able to finalize your enrollment by paying for the course by PIN or creditcard.
- Are you closed during the holidays?
We are closed during the following weeks (schoolvacations):
- 14 oktober t/m 18 oktober 2019
- 23 december t/m 27 december 2019
- 27 april t/m 1 mei 2020
- 20 juli t/m 7 augustus 2020